Acute Sick Visits
We know sickness is never planned, so we accept same-day visits when available. Our family practitioners can see patients 3 years and older.
Please call to check for immediate availability for:
• Cold/flu, sore throat, cough, earaches, headaches
• Urinary tract infections (UTI)
• Rashes, minor burns, insect bites
• Allergies and Pink Eye
• Minor twisted joint (sprain) and minor musculoskeletal injuries
• Other minor injuries and skin conditions.
Our goal is to provide excellent care while addressing the needs of the adult community. We are always accepting new patients. Services include:
• Annual wellness exams
• Preventative health (Flu vaccine, Smoking cessation, healthy sleep habits, weight management)
• Chronic disease management (Diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease)
• Diabetes care management program
• Colorectal cancer screenings
• Acute sick visits
• Chiropractic medicine (referred to Riggs Lafayette for established patients)
Here at Riggs, children's health is extremely important. Our family practitioners can see patients 3 years and older. We provide a wide range of visit types to suit your child's unique healthcare needs.
• Well Child Checks
• Physicals – sports, Head Start, daycare, and First Step
• Acute sick visits
We know how important women’s health is for the community. At minimum, women should have an annual exam every year. Riggs provides additional pregnancy and family planning assistance at our Lafayette location.
Listed below are some examples of the services that we provide:
• Pelvic exams
• Pap smears and follow up procedures for abnormal results
• Colposcopy (referral to Lafayette)
• Clinical breast exams
• Birth Control Consultation
• Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screening & treatment
Integrated Behavioral Health
We believe physical health and mental wellbeing go hand in hand. Riggs provides remote behavioral health services via live video sessions with behavioral health providers at our Lafayette facility. Our Behavioral health providers are licensed professionals who are trained to help people cope with a variety of challenges. We will work with you to develop a care plan to help you cope with the challenges you are facing and meet your life goals. Services are only available for Riggs primary care patients. Community members can find help with:
· Depression & anxiety
· Poor Sleep
· Life Changes
· Substance use
· Other life stressors
Medication Assistance Program(MAP)
MAP is a Patient Assistance Program sponsored by pharmaceutical companies to allow uninsured patients to receive certain provider prescribed medications, free of charge for up to a year. Qualifying patients will have their prescriptions delivered to the clinic where they will be available for pickup. An application/processing fee of $10.00 is required for initial enrollment. Ask your provider for more details.