Questions to ask a pediatrician at wellness visits
Annual child wellness exams are a great time to ask your pediatrician any questions you may have about your child’s development. Here are some examples of questions you might want to ask your pediatrician during the visit.
Here are some examples of questions you might want to ask your pediatrician during the visit:
- Is my child’s development on track for his/her age?
- Are their vaccines up to date and how can I get his/her shot record?
- What is best for my child’s age/size: car seat, booster seat, does not need one anymore?
- When should my child start going to the dentist?
- How often should I bring my child for a checkup-is the annual visit enough?
- Always ask about any specific concerns you may have, like “How can I best treat my child’s allergy?” or “Is bed wetting normal for children his/her age?”
If a child is diagnosed with a condition, it’s always important that the parents understand the diagnosis and the treatment prescribed. It’s always important to clarify any doubts or questions you may have about any prescribed treatment, especially if it’s about any prescribed medication and what dosage to give.
Riggs Community Health Center providers are always willing to answer any questions you may have about your child’s health. To make a wellness appointment for your child with one of our pediatric providers or for more information, please call 765-742-1567.